SearchModule is a software usually installed without your knowledge with the download of freeware. In fact some sites use the method of repackaging. This is an operation that is to redo the module software installation by adding download options. These options allow to add other software as for example toolbars browser, or potentially unwanted software. The addition of these new programs can decrease the performance of the system but also slow or redirect internet surfing. As a general rule, should focus on the author’s official site to download your software.
Identified : 07/08/2015.
– It belongs to a family of PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).
– A polluteware is a software that pollutes storage and/or the Base of registers.
– Vendor : PUP.Optional
– It installs a plugin of the browser Google Chrome (G2),
– It installs a program of extension for browser Mozilla Firefox (M2),
– It installs a plugin of the browser Mozilla Firefox (P2),
– It installs as a program (O42),
– It creates to many registry keys ‘Software’,
– It creates additional folders (O43),
– It moved to the Windows prefetcher folder (O45),
G2 – GCE: Preference
P2 – EXT FILE: (…) — C:\Users\Coolman\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\c2nqafv2.default\searchplugins\smod.xml
O42 – Logiciel: Search Module 126.96.36.1994 – (…) [HKLM] — Search Module_is1
PUP.Optional.SearchModule.A [ Malwarebytes Antimalware ]