SafeGuard is a software usually installs without your knowledge vith the download of freeware. In fact some sites use the method of repackaging. This is an operation that is to redo the module software installation by adding download options. These options allow to add other software as for example toolbars browser, or potentially unwanted software. The addition of these new programs can decrease the performance of the system but also slow or redirect internet surfing. As a general rule, should focus on the author’s official site to download your software.
Identified : 07/08/2015.
– It belongs to a family of PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).
– A polluteware is a software that pollutes storage and/or the Base of registers.
– Vendor : PUP.Optional
– It installs as a process launched at startup of the system (RP),
– It settled in the Base of registers to be launched each time with the system (O4),
– It installs as a service to be launched each time the system (O23),(SS/SR),
– It installs as a program (O42),
– It creates to many registry keys ‘Software’,
– It creates additional folders (O43),
– It moved to the Windows prefetcher folder (O45),
[MD5.390E80CED15F981B0D76F440BE5037A4] – (.Alerts LLC – SafeGuard.) — C:\Program Files\SafeGuard\SafeGuard.exe  [PID.3952]
O4 – HKLM\..\Run: [SafeGuard] . (…) — C:\Program Files\SafeGuard\SafeGuardApp.exe
O23 – Service: SafeGuard Update Service (SafeGuard Update Service) . (…) – C:\Program Files\SafeGuard\SafeGuardSrv.exe
O42 – Logiciel: SafeGuard – (.SafeGuard.) [HKLM] — SafeGuard
O43 – CFD: 03/05/2015 – 12:09:22 –  —-D C:\Program Files\SafeGuard
O43 – CFD: 03/05/2015 – 12:09:17 –  —-D C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SafeGuard
O43 – CFD: 03/05/2015 – 12:09:43 –  —-D C:\Users\Coolman\AppData\Local\Alerts_LLC
O43 – CFD: 03/05/2015 – 12:09:21 –  —-D C:\Users\Coolman\AppData\Local\SafeGuard
O43 – CFD: 03/05/2015 – 12:09:22 –  —-D C:\Users\Coolman\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SafeGuard
SR – | Auto 01/04/2015 585744 | (SafeGuard Update Service) . (…) – C:\Program Files\SafeGuard\SafeGuardSrv.exe
SR – | Auto 17/03/2015 16392 | (SGUpdater) . (.Alerts LLC.) – C:\Program Files\SafeGuard\SGUpdaterSvc.exe