OpenCandy is a software usually installs without your knowledge vith the download of freeware. In fact some sites use the method of repackaging. This is an operation that is to redo the module software installation by adding download options. These options allow to add other software as for example toolbars browser, or potentially unwanted software. The addition of these new programs can decrease the performance of the system but also slow or redirect internet surfing. As a general rule, should focus on the author’s official site to download your software.
Identified : 11/21/2010.
– It belongs to a family of PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).
– A polluteware is a software that pollutes storage and/or the Base of registers.
– Vendor : PUP.Optional
– It installs as a process launched at startup of the system (RP),
– It starts a task planned in automatic (O39),
– It installs as a program (O42),
– It creates to many registry keys ‘Software’
– It creates additional folders (O43),
– It moved to the Windows prefetcher folder (O45).
– It creates multiple files users (O61),
O39 – APT:Automatic Planified Task – C:\Windows\Tasks\OpenCandy Download Manager.job[HKLM\Software\OpenCandy NSIS SDK] [HKLM\Software\mIRC\OpenCandy] [HKLM\Software\Participatory Culture Foundation\OpenCandy] O43 – CFD: 21/11/2010 – 18:44:24 –  —-D- C:\Documents and Settings\Coolman\Application Data\OpenCandy
O43 – CFD: 21/11/2010 – 18:49:54 –  —-D- C:\Documents and Settings\Coolman\Local Settings\Application Data\OpenCandy
O43 – CFD: 21/11/2010 – 18:49:47 –  —-D- C:\Users\Coolman\AppData\Roaming\OpenCandy
O43 – CFD: 03/09/2010 – 15:54:14 –  —-D- C:\Users\Coolman\AppData\Local\OpenCandy
O45 – LFCP:[MD5.1297553B5D39C539846C67CAF9EEE10F] – 10/06/2013 – 15:02:57 —A- – C:\Windows\Prefetch\LATESTDLMGR.EXE-3267D46C.pf[HKLM\Software\ADatumCorporation\OpenCandy] [HKLM\Software\Applian Technologies\OpenCandy] [HKLM\Software\Canneverbe Limited\OpenCandy] [HKLM\Software\Cheat Engine\OpenCandy] [HKLM\Software\Dexpot\OpenCandy] [HKLM\Software\OpenCandy NSIS SDK] [HKLM\Software\mIRC\OpenCandy] [HKLM\Software\Participatory Culture Foundation\OpenCandy] C:\Users\Coolman\AppData\Local\OpenCandy
PUP.Optional.OpenCandy.A [ Malwarebytes Antimalware ] Adware:Win32/OpenCandy [Microsoft]