ExtTag is a software usually installs without your knowledge via the download of freeware. In fact some sites use the method of repackaging. This is an operation that is to redo the module software installation by adding download options. These options allow to add other software as for example toolbars browser, or potentially unwanted software. The addition of these new programs can decrease the performance of the system but also slow or redirect internet surfing. As a general rule, should focus on the author’s official site to download your software. Identified the 08/29/2015.
– It belongs to a family of PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).
– Vendor : PUP.Optional
Main actions :
– It installs as a process launched at startup of the system (RP),
– It installs as a service to be launched each time the system (O23),(SS/SR).
– It installs as a program (O42),
– It creates to many registry keys ‘Software’
– It creates additional folders (O43),
– It moved to the Windows prefetcher folder (O45).
– It installs as a driver system (O58),
– It creates multiple files users (O61),
O23 – Service: ExtTag (ExtTag) . (.Copyright © Main 2015 – Main.) – C:\ProgramData\ExtTag\ExtTag.exe
O43 – CFD: 2015/08/29 17:36:50 –  D — C:\ProgramData\ExtTag
O43 – CFD: 2015/08/29 17:36:41 –  D — C:\ProgramData\ExtTags
SR – Auto [2015/08/27 10:20:16] [ 33792] ExtTag (ExtTag) . (.Copyright © Main 2015.) – C:\ProgramData\ExtTag\ExtTag.exe