CrossRider is a software usually installs without your knowledge vith the download of freeware. In fact some sites use the method of repackaging. This is an operation that is to redo the module software installation by adding download options. These options allow to add other software as for example toolbars browser, or potentially unwanted software. The addition of these new programs can decrease the performance of the system but also slow or redirect internet surfing. As a general rule, should focus on the author’s official site to download your software.
Identified : 07/09/2014.
– It belongs to a family of PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).
– Adware is a program that adds other programs without the knowledge of the user.
– A polluteware is a software that pollutes storage and/or the Base of registers.
– Vendor : PUP.Optional
– It installs as a process launched at startup of the system (RP),
– It installs as a service to be launched each time the system (O23),(SS/SR).
– It starts a task planned in automatic (O39),
– It installs drivers that start automatically with the system (O41)
– It installs as a program (O42),
– It creates to many registry keys ‘Software’
– It creates additional folders (O43),
– It moved to the Windows prefetcher folder (O45).
– It installs as a driver system (O58),
– It creates multiple files users (O61),
– It creates a Legacy pointing to a malware service, key in the registry. (O64)
HKCU\SOFTWARE\HQ Video Pro 3.1cV08.06
O43 – CFD: 2015/06/12 15:38:26 –  D — C:\Program Files (x86)\HQ Video Pro 3.1cV08.06
C:\Program Files (x86)\HQ Video Pro 3.1cV08.06
PUP.Optional.CrossRider.A [ Malwarebytes Antimalware ] Adware.CrossRider