Graftor is an application usually installed without your knowledge with the download of freeware. In fact some sites use the method of repackaging. This is an operation that is to redo the module software installation by adding download options. These options allow to add other software as for example toolbars browser, or potentially unwanted software. The addition of these new programs can decrease the performance of the system but also slow or redirect internet surfing. As a general rule, should focus on the author’s official site to download your software.
Identified : 10/03/2015.
– It belongs to a family of PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application).
– An Adware is a program that adds other programs without the knowledge of the user.
– Vendor : PUP.Optional
– It installs as a process launched at startup of the system (RP),
– It installs as a service to be launched each time the system (O23),(SS/SR),
– It creates to many registry keys ‘Software’,
– It creates additional folders (O43),
[MD5.CF3E485E3D3D7CCAB27B139D73B63E20] – (…) — c:\Windows\mpr.exe  [PID.1860]
[MD5.A50CD1BC1CFFEC65E0D176DBEC70682A] – (…) — c:\Windows\mmpr.exe  [PID.1876]
SR – Auto [2015/10/08 16:09:20] [ 408576] mmpr (mmpr) . (…) – c:\Windows\mmpr.exe
SR – Auto [2015/10/08 16:09:17] [ 417792] mpr (mpr) . (…) – c:\Windows\mpr.exe
O43 – CFD: 2015/10/08 16:42:39 –  HD — C:\ProgramData\mpr
O23 – Service: mmpr (mmpr) . (…) – c:\Windows\mmpr.exe
O23 – Service: mpr (mpr) . (…) – c:\Windows\mpr.exe
Adware.Graftor.A [ Malwarebytes Antimalware ]